Bobcat Break Alternative Spring Break Trips
What is an Alternative Spring Break Trip?
Bobcat Break Spring Break Trip allows students to travel to a community and engage in service and experiential learning. This is a short-term all-inclusive experience that takes place over spring break. We encourage students to spend their winter break as they normally would, but to focus on social issues such as culture, environment, homelessness, hunger, etc. by participating in this trip right before the spring semester begins! A $75 fee includes transportation, lodging, food, t-shirt, and all service experiences for the duration of the trip!
When are we going?
March 15-21, 2020
Where are we going?
Black Bayou Wildlife Refuge
Oklahoma City Dreams Center Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
What are we doing?
Service will include exploring wildlife conservation and community education OR tackling poverty and community restoration.
How do I apply?
Applications Open: January 22, 2020
Applications Close: February 14, 2020
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DHRL wants to help YOU!
Learn more about how to apply for the Department of Housing and Student Life Scholarship by clicking the GOLD button.
The application for the Bobcat Break Alternative Spring Break trips is now closed. Please contact email@example.com with any questions and concerns.
Are you a current Texas State student living in a residential hall on campus? Are you interested in a sponsorship to attend a Bobcat Break trip? Click the button below to access the DHRL Scholarship for Bobcat Break 2020!
Extended Deadline: Monday, February 24th @ 5PM
What else should I know?
Bobcat Break participants will be asked to:
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude
- Develop relationships with fellow group members
- Participate/attend activities planned by the group
- Attend all mandatory Bobcat Break Events such as Group Bobcat Break Interview, Group Meetings in preparation for Bobcat Break Trip, and the Bobcat Break Trip
- Actively participate fully in service and group activities
- Pay participant fee prior to Bobcat Break (participant fee can be paid in installments). Deadline for payment will be updated shortly.
If you have any questions regarding Bobcat Break participant roles and responsibilities, please contact SVC at firstname.lastname@example.org