The Student Organizations Council can provide financial assistance to registered student organizations who meet the requirements set forth by the SOC Constitution and By Laws for programming or conference registration through reimbursement.
Each registered student organization must request funding assistance from the SOC by submitting an application, providing all relevant information about the program or event, and present their program ideas and funding request to the SOC board.
Presentation are scheduled every Wednesdays from 5:10pm - 5:30pm in the Student Involvement Office (4th floor of LBJ Student Center).
SOC offers funding assistance to registered student organizations in good standing with Texas State and SOC. Certain requirements must be met, certain types of events are given priority, and dollar amounts vary.
Please note that SOC does not reimburse University departments. As a general rule, programming for fundraising purposes will not receive funding assistance from SOC.
Please review both SOC Funding Guidelines and Application Process below.
Frequenlty Asked Questions
SOC funding is only for registered student organizations.
In order to receive SOC funding, your organization must meet the three eligibility requirements.
- The student organization must be registered with Student Involvement @LBJSC, complete the mandatory risk management-training session, submit verification of presenting risk management-training session, submit verification of presenting risk management training to respective organizations, and be in good standing with Texas State University.
- A registered student organization must be an active organization, registered for a minimum of one (1) long semester before applying prior to submitting an application for funding assistance from SOC.
- Registered student organization must read the funding guidelines in its entirety and have at least one officer sign the SOC guidelines and application process.
Funding application must be submitted a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the event date. Funding application submitted from September 4th to October 12th will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Tuesday, September 4th, 2018: Fall Semester Funding Opens
- Monday, November 12th, 2018: Fall Semester Funding closes in order to process all approved fall requests*
- Tuesday, January 22nd, 2018: Spring Semester Funding Opens
- Monday, April 8th, 2018: Spring Semester Funding closes in order to process all approved spring requests*
*SOC Funding closing deadline may be subject to change due to the limited amount of SOC funding. SOC will notified all student organization via the website when there are no more available funding.
A maximum of TWO applications from different tiers can be submitted by each student organization to SOC per academic year.
The following amount represents the maximum amount allocated per tier.
University Wide Event Funding: $1,000
Collaboration Funding: $500
Organization Specific Funding: $500
Conference Registration Funding: $500
New Student Organization Funding: $200
Supply Funding: $150
SOC can reimburse many things:
- Office/Art Supplies
- Organization's shirts/t-shirts
- Event Venues
- Conference Registration
- Vendor's service fees
SOC will NOT reimburse for the following expenses:
- Events/programs not open to the Texas State students, unless otherwise described within the funding guidelines
- Gas, airfare, rental car expenses for travel
- Lodging/Hotel expenses
- ANY alcoholic beverages or receipts that include alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (tips)
- State of Texas sales tax
- Gift cards
- ANY personal expenses
Yes, if your organization meet all of the eligibility requirements, the SOC Vice President of Funding will schedule a date for your organization to present your funding application to the rest of the SOC executive board. All presentation will be on Wednesday from 5:00pm-5:30pm in the Student Involvement Office.
Any officers or members of the organization may be representative for the funding presentation.
Presentation should only be 2-3 minutes long. PowerPoint is not needed for this presentation. There will a 5 minutes Q&A portion after the presentation where SOC will ask any clarifying questions.
If your student organization and funding application meets the eligibility requirements, you will receive a confirmation email from the SOC Vice President of Funding to move forward with Step 2 in the Funding Application Process.
All communication will be made by the SOC Vice President of Funding via email.
Student Organization that have been approved for SOC funding will need to keep their receipts and any service invoices in order to verified their purchase in order to receive the SOC funds. Please make sure that receipts and invoices are paid and can be easily read
SOC Funding Applications
The Funding Application is currently closed. Funding closes in order to process all approved fall requests. SOC will reopen the funding application on January 22, 2019.