Late Night Weekend Program Co-Sponsorship Opportunity
The LBJ Student Center welcomes student organizations to submit proposals to host a late night weekend program in George’s. Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- The event must be held on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night in George's
- The event must be a minimum of two hours and must end at 10 pm or later
- The event must be open to the entire Texas State University population
In addition, the following are encouraged but not required:
- Collaborations with other student organizations, departments, etc.
- Secure funding from other sources
If your proposal is selected, the LBJ Student Center will provide the following:
- Usage of George’s at no cost
- Assistance with the promotion of the event. With enough advance notice (at least 1 month), the Student Center can also provide graphic design support
- Logistical support
- Financial support
If approved, you cannot do the following:
- Charge admission
- Solicit donations for a charity.
Still interested? Great! Here are the steps:
- Complete the interest application. Once completed, a representative from George's will follow up with you within one week of submission. We encourage you to submit an application at least one month in advance in order to coordinate your event successfully.
- If your idea is approved, you will need to set up a meeting with someone from George’s staff to begin the planning process.
***George’s Late Night Weekend Program funds are provided by the LBJ Student Center and Student Service Fees. All expenses must comply with University Policy and Procedures. In addition, the event must also comply with all University Policies and Procedures (UPPS).