George's Reservations and Co-sponsorship Opportunities
Reservations for Spring 2021 will be on a first-come, first-served basis. All requests will be reviewed to determine feasibility with the University's COVID-19 guidelines.
There are two types of reservation requests, Daytime and Evening programs. Specific details for these request can be found below.
Priority reservation requirements for all requests:
1. Event is FREE and OPEN to ALL TXST students.
2. Requests for dates during low-programming timeframes.
3. Requests during regular operating business hours.
4. Reservation request is submitted AT LEAST 3-4 weeks prior to your event. This stipulation is required as there must be enough lead time for George's to be included in all marketing materials and to ensure proper staffing if approved.
5. Must be willing to meet with a member of George's managerial staff to discuss the reservation request.
**Event space requests are taken on a first-come, first-served basis and events with a funding request is budget contingent each semester.**
Reservations that do not fit the guidelines above, will be taken into consideration after a required meeting with the Assistant Director for Pride & Traditions, Sylvia Reyes, to determine feasibility.
Daytime Programming Requests
Daytime Programming is for events that are hosted Monday-Friday from 11 AM - 5 PM.
Daytime Requests must meet the following criteria:
- The event must be fully funded by the hosting organization.
- The event must be open to all TXST students and free of charge.
Approval will be based on size and scope of the event and George's staffing availability.
Evening Programming Requests
Evening* Programming is for events beginning at 6 PM or later.
**Weekend Programs are not available for Spring 2021. Exceptions may requested with approval from the Assistant Director for Pride & Traditions.
Evening requests must meet the following criteria:
- The event must be held on a Thursday or Friday night in George's*
- The event must be a minimum of two hours
- The event must be open to TXST students and free of charge
*Events Monday-Wednesday will be considered for Spring 2021.
In addition, the following are encouraged but not required:
- Collaborations with other student organizations, departments, etc.
- Secure funding from other sources
If your reservation is approved, the LBJ Student Center will provide the following:
- Usage of George’s at no cost
- Assistance with the promotion of the event. With enough advance notice (at least 1 month), the Student Center can also provide graphic design support
- Logistical support
- Financial support (based on approval for co-sponsorship)
Still interested? Great! Here are the next steps:
- Complete the reservation request. Once completed, a representative from George's will follow up with you within one week of submission. We encourage you to submit an application at least one month in advance in order to coordinate your event successfully.
- If your idea is approved, you will need to set up a meeting with someone from George’s staff to begin the planning process.
If approved, you cannot do the following:
- Charge admission
- Solicit donations for a charity
**George’s Late Night Weekend Program funds are provided by the LBJ Student Center and Student Service Fees. All expenses must comply with University Policy and Procedures. In addition, the event must also comply with all University Policies and Procedures (UPPS).**