George's Co-sponsorship Opportunities
George's will not be accepting co-sponsorship applications for Fall 2020. Applications for Spring 2020 will open in November.
Before requesting co-sponsorship, please make sure that:
1. Your event is FREE and OPEN to ALL TXST students.
2. This form is submitted AT LEAST 3-4 weeks prior to your event. This stipulation is required as there must be enough lead time for George's to be included in all marketing materials and to ensure proper staffing if approved.
3. Are willing to meet with the Assistant Director for Pride & Traditions, Sylvia Reyes, to discuss the co-sponsorship request.
**Event space requests are taken on a fist-come, first-served basis and events with a funding request is budget contingent each semester.**
Daytime Programming Requests
George's is now taking applications for events to be hosted Monday-Friday from 11 AM - 4 PM.
Daytime Requests must meet the following criteria:
- The event must be fully funded by the hosting organization.
- The event must be open to all TXST students and free of charge.
Approval will be based on size and scope of the event and George's staffing availability.
Late-Night/Weekend Programming Requests
George's welcomes student organizations to submit an application to host a late-night/weekend program beginning at 7 PM or later.
Late-Night/Weekend requests must meet the following criteria:
- The event must be held on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night in George's
- The event must be a minimum of two hours and must end at 10 PM or later
- The event must be open to TXST students and free of charge
In addition, the following are encouraged but not required:
- Collaborations with other student organizations, departments, etc.
- Secure funding from other sources
If your proposal is selected, the LBJ Student Center will provide the following:
- Usage of George’s at no cost
- Assistance with the promotion of the event. With enough advance notice (at least 1 month), the Student Center can also provide graphic design support
- Logistical support
- Financial support
Still interested? Great! Here are the steps:
- Complete the co-sponsorship application. Once completed, a representative from George's will follow up with you within one week of submission. We encourage you to submit an application at least one month in advance in order to coordinate your event successfully.
- If your idea is approved, you will need to set up a meeting with someone from George’s staff to begin the planning process.
If approved, you cannot do the following:
- Charge admission
- Solicit donations for a charity
**George’s Late Night Weekend Program funds are provided by the LBJ Student Center and Student Service Fees. All expenses must comply with University Policy and Procedures. In addition, the event must also comply with all University Policies and Procedures (UPPS).**