We are thrilled you are interested in serving as an officer for the Student Organizations Council!
As a representative body and a chartered council recognized by Texas State University, the Student Organizations Council (SOC) provides direction, resources and support for all registered student organizations at the university. For more information on SOC and specific positions, please refer to the SOC Constitution.
Should you have any questions regarding the application, application process, and/or specific positions, please feel free to contact us at SOC@txstate.edu.
SOC is currently seeking a student candidate for the position of Vice President of Funding. Please see below the position's responsibilities.
Vice President of Funding & Judicial Board
- Communicate funding procedure and regulations to student organizations
- Provide copies of SOC funding applications at meetings
- Follow up with student organizations in regards to SOC funding decisions
- Keep a list of organizations ineligible for funding
- Meet with the President on a bi-weekly basis
- Meet with Advisor(s) on a bi-weekly basis to present an updated budget regarding expenses and allotted organization funding
- Serve as Chair of the Judicial Board when applicable
- Manage and maintain SOC email account
- Hold minimum of four office hours per week to be documented and submitted for review to Advisor(s)