We are thrilled that you are interested in joining SACA! Please review and complete this application.
What is SACA:
The Student Association for Campus Activities (SACA) is a Chartered Student Organization within Student Involvement @ LBJSC. We are the premier student programming entity at Texas State University. SACA events are open to all Texas State University students. We strive to bring exciting, inclusive, and entertaining events to campus in order to meet the needs and interests of Texas State students. SACA members work closely with SACA Event Coordinators to help plan and implement events. SACA officers and members are advised by the SACA professional staff advisor and graduate assistants, who work in the Student Involvement Office at LBJSC.
What is required of members?
All members must:
- Be registered for 12 or more semester hours at Texas State University
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.25
- Attend weekly meetings on Thursday at 5:00pm
- Staff events and volunteer for promotional days
- Assist in promoting SACA via personal social media and networks
- Attend SACA retreats
- Represent Texas State University, SACA, and yourself in a professional manner
- SACA is comprised of a team of 1 president, 2 pride and traditions coordinators, 3 event coordinators, 2 graphic designers, 1 promotions coordinator and roughly 30-50 members per academic year. Member participation is vital to the success of the organization
- If a member has class during the weekly meeting times, they will be expected to obtain missed information on their own
- Failing to fulfill requirements listed above will result in penalties agreed upon by membership at the start of each long semester
- Anyone wishing to hold an officer position must be an active member for at least one long semester (Fall or Spring) before applying to become an officer
If you have any questions, please contact Alisha Mohammed at email@example.com.