A WEEK IN THE LIFE OF TEXAS STATE is a tradition that allows our students to showcase the uniqueness of life at Texas State through photographs.
Each week is diverse at Texas State. This series of photographs attempts to capture people, experiences and events as Bobcats perceive them – defining the experience known as “A Week in the Life of Texas State.”
The competition is open to any Texas State student, regardless of major or classification. Be creative! The photos can be anything from students brushing their teeth or waiting for the bus to professors in class to lazy days by the river – the choices are limitless!
Photos will be judged based on technical skill, execution of theme, and creativity by a panel of faculty, staff and professional photographers.The winning photographs will be displayed on the fourth floor of the LBJ Student Center as part of a year-long exhibit. They will also be available for viewing on the AWITL website and social media.
- Fill out the Photographers Release Form and return it to the PALM Office (4-1.6A) in the LBJ Student Center. (Copies are also available in the PALM Office.) This is a requirement for all participants!
- TAKE PICTURES! Choose anything that you feel represents life at Texas State.
- Submit up to 3 photos of your choice to the PALM office. The photo(s) must be submitted as an 11x14 (vertical or horizontal, black & white or color) on photo quality paper. Submissions must be printed. No digital copies will be accepted, and photos will not be returned.
- Include photographers’ name, major, and classification with photo(s).
- Attend the official unveiling for “A Week in the Life of Texas State” each Spring Semester located on the 4th floor hallway of the LBJ Student Center across from the rocking chairs.
Questions? Contact: LBJ Student Center PALM Office at 512-245-8295